Issued to persons wishing to enter the country for recreation, leisure activities or unremunerated or non-profit purposes such as cultural, artistic, scientific and sports activities.

Tourist visas are granted for one (1) year, with multiple entries and allow a maximum stay of ninety (90) days. It can be extended for another ninety (90) days, subject to the approval of the Ministry of Interior and Justice.

Tourists and other passengers of sport vessels, who are nationals of the list of the countries benefiting from the Tourist Card Dex-2, do not need to apply for a tourist visa. The Dex-2 will be given by passenger carriers authorised by the Venezuelan Tourism Corporation. It is valid for ninety (90) days, no extension allowed, one (1) entry.


Complete the application form
Passport must have a validity of at least six (6) months, and minimum two (2) pages free.
Two (2) photographs, white background, size 4.5cm x 3.5cm
Original employment letter written on company letterhead to be chopped and signed by head of company, accompanied with a copy of the business registry.
If unemployed, formal letter written by spouse / family member who will be responsible for all necessary traveling expenses and stay.
The last three (3) months bank statements or a letter from your bank where the balance of your account is shown.
Original and photocopy of the Hong Kong or Macao Resident Card and/or of the visa authorising the residence in Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR.
Flight and travel itinerary.
Applicants are to call the Consular Office to make an appointment to present application and attend an interview with the Consular Official.
Bank receipt of the deposit of THIRTY US DOLLARS (US$30.00) in the account of the CONSULATE GENERAL OF VENEZUELA upon approval of the application.

If the applicant is a minor or does not work, is retired, a student or a handicapped person, or if the costs of the trip to Venezuela are being borne by another person, then the applicant must bring a notarised Affidavit. In this case, the letter from the bank or balance statements as well as the employment letter must be of the person financing the trip.